Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blast From the Past

About two years ago; we started using Katharion as a third-party email filter; and up until now there’s been no problems. In fact; things were so great I turned off our local spam filter.

For the past week or so; we’ve been blasted by an influx of malware laden email. I contacted the helpful folks at Katharion and they said that they were working on it.

I re-activated our local filter; and it seems to be capturing quite a bit of infected email. I’m not sure why Katharion is not able to catch these; but I really hope they get their act together. Managing a spam filter is almost a full time job; and one I don’t enjoy… at all.












1 comment:

Diamond Dave said...

...and the hardest part about 'manually' managing was having to be inundated with all that garbage as you weed through HOPING to find something ledgit in a sea of junk!