Friday, August 15, 2008

Can you hear me now?

It’s that time again. Another contract is up; and it’s time to start digging for “the best deal.”

I switched from Verizon to TelePacific for phone services a few years back. We got better rates, and just as (or more?) important, much better service. Even the monthly invoicing was better – all in one envelope. Happy days!

Well… the contract is up. I would love to just sign a new contract with TelePacific; and I’m guessing that’s what will happen in the end. I must do my due diligence, however, and see what’s out there that may be better.

Is there something out there that will blow traditional services out of the water? Will the cable company let us convert everything to cable and keep our numbers, like at home, for “one low rate?” Is there a “Skype” type of service that would allow us to make most of our calls for free?

In addition to services; we’re about to grow out of our present system, the Nortel Business Communications Manager. So I’m looking at Switchvox (based on Asterisk) as potential solution. Would switching to one of these systems give us more options? The problem is – I’m not a telephony expert – by any stretch of the imagination – Nor do I want to be.

So the hunt begins.

No comments: